Welcome to My World

Monday, November 01, 2004

Pet Peeves Part 1

Some of my worst pet peeves are -

1. Being the only girl at home. Somehow this automatically nominates me to clean the kitchen almost every night. Boys can clean too!

2. Pointless English assignments that take forever to do and have no value to my learning. I've had so many of those lately.

3. Teachers who think you have no life other than the one class they teach you. Today, I got so much homework and I had 2 1/2 hours of basketball, among other things, (like an intense game of Minsweeper). I don't have time to do all this homework! Although, I guess I would if I wasn't writing this blog... Whatever.

4. Swearing. Some words are ok and even fun to say when used good-naturedly, but on the bus and at school, I hear way too much. The thing I hate more, though, is the fact that I don't notice it as much anymore. It makes me feel really rotten when I think about how desensitized I am becoming.

5. Not being able to drive. Every time I get in the car, I think about how much funner it would be to go places if I was in control. I could leave the house whenever I wanted, go which ever way I wanted, drive as fast or as slow as I wanted... I know, it sounds power-trip-ish, but seriously, I can't wait to drive.

5 Comments:

At November 3, 2004 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Amy B said...

Sara! I can't believe you! I stay up SO late writing you this wonderful blog and you didn't even read it!!! I'm so offended! hahaha

 
At November 4, 2004 at 3:18 PM, Blogger Sara said...

FYI, AMY!! I have a life other than your blog. You are just like those teachers you complain about. :) I haven't been online since we chatted. But I really enjoyed you blog. The point of those English assignments is to help you learn how to write, which is an extremely important skill that you will use for you whole life. I think you are excellent writer and I am so happy that you finally came back to your blog.

Keep writing!

 
At November 14, 2004 at 3:43 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks, I love that poem too. I found it kind of randomly off some poetry page and fell in love with it. I was in love and even though he loved me back he broke my heart because I just didn't know him well enough. I thought far better of him than I should have, so I liked how it talked about trying the person before you trust them.

 
At November 25, 2004 at 8:26 AM, Blogger Can Lit Lvr said...

Sara would say that those English assignments have value, after all, she is going to be an English teacher! I agree with you Amy - TOTALLY POINTLESS. And as for being the only girl at home - I hear ya!
Cool blog! Hope you don't mind me reading it!

 
At March 19, 2006 at 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMy Balls!
You are my best friend, and you never told me you had one of these.
This is awsome. Amer you are the funniest person I know. So I gotta go but remember ctr, makegood choices(lol) and never cut your own bangs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home